Wednesday, January 7, 2015

COLOR-MAD CANDY

 
Have you ever had a Toblerone candy bar? I hadn't had one since we lived overseas, but our niece Megan tucked a giant one into our Christmas box this year, and yum! I had forgotten how good they were. They are the Euro-version of a Nestle's Crunch, but the crispy bits are both crunchy and chewy.

Know what I liked even more than the taste? The package...


which doesn't seem to be the same one I remember from back in the day.

I'm not sure whether it's the clever graphics, the vintage look, the color combo, or what, but there is just something about that box!


All I know for sure is that every time I walk through the kitchen and see it perched up there near my teapot, it gives me a little thrill, and I just can't seem to throw it away. Well, there's also the fact that we still haven't managed to finish eating it all, even with two of us working on it. It's BIG, I tell you!

Hmmm, perhaps I could use the package in my art journaling somewhere...

No comments: