Thursday, December 11, 2014

RACLETTE + CORNICHONS

Remember our little excursion to Trader Joe's last week? Well, one thing that Outdoor Woman talked me into buying was something I'd read about, but never actually tasted. Raclette!


HaHa! I didn't notice that the package said "Trader Jacques" until just now! Anywho, Raclette is a yummy cheese from Switzerland that is traditionally served melted and bubbling over boiled or steamed potatoes, cornichons (pickles), pickled onions, and charcuterie (cured meats, sausages).

 
Luckily for us, I just happened to have a jar of my favorite French cornichons and pickled onions in the refrigerator!


Not only are they delicious, but each jar comes fitted with this neat little gizmo that lifts the pickles up out of the juice, saving you from having to stick your hand down into the jar to dig around for the last few pickles!



So, if you've ever dreamed of spending time in a cozy chalet up in the Swiss Alps, just serve this in front of the fireplace for dinner one night soon.


I guarantee, it's the next best thing!

No comments: