Friday, September 19, 2014

THE SOURCE OF ALL THINGS PAPERY


Have you ever heard of The Paper Source? I sort of knew about it. Whenever I'd see some neat project in a crafty magazine or blog, they'd often mention supplies ordered from there, but somehow I never got around to visiting their website. My sister Poodie says they were her go-to source for invitation paper, party bags, and ribbon during her years of being Executive Assistant and Party Queen of the World. What I didn't know was that they actually have some brick & mortar stores -- not until I stumbled across one Monday evening, as Hubby and I strolled around the little shopping center in Houston where our hotel was located.


What I also didn't know was that they carry all kinds of artsy-craftsy goodness, such as this fabulous journal decorated by one of my all time favorite artists/art journalists/designers Cori Dantini!
 

I got an awesome stencil too.


Then of course there was all that fabulous fall stuff, like mask making kits with themes such as sugar skulls, Halloween, woodland creatures, and Lucha Libre! I almost bought a kit for making the cutest place cards ever -- little foxes! Fortunately, that's when I realized they were trying to close the store for the evening, and I decided to quit before I did any more damage.

Guess what my hubby said to me as I was making my getaway? "You know they have one of these in Austin, don't you?" DOH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a couple of Paper Source stores up here. They are a great source of hand made papers, but I don't actually go that often. It's a great eye candy store. Fun skelly. xox