Sunday, August 17, 2014

SAN ANTONIO: PART II

So, back to haute cuisine adventures in San Antonio. If you recall, I was just about to give you the lowdown on this luxurious new dining venue we discovered just across the riverwalk from the museum of art.


No food trucks for us on this hot, sultry day. Instead, we chose something with a little more heft and permanence.  Shipping containers!


Yep, you heard me. Shipping containers. On the plus side, they are surrounded by huge shady trees, and overlook a waterfront view that can't be beat.


Plus, every table sits under it's own little arbor with fans galore. And, if you happen to be like our young friend Karl, who never goes anywhere without his bocce ball equipment, there's this!


Then, of course, there are the menus.


The containers on the right are where you order your food. Take your time before you make up your mind. I usually love just about anything Mexican, so I jumped on that "Crispy Mexican Dog" without really paying attention to what all was on it. It turned out to be waaaaaaaay too manly (fat-laden) for me, and I could not eat it. My hubby didn't want it either, if that tells you anything.


Fortunately, Hubby's Weeping Rooster dish, full of fresh Thai flavors, was delish, and there was plenty for the both of us. Plus the fries were some of the best we've ever had.


Now, on the other side of the L-shaped arrangement of containers, you have your bar.


That's quite the selection of beers, no? Instead of giving you a table number, you get a table creature. Both Hubby and the dragon recommend the Goose Island Honkers beer.


Wanna know how much my hubby loves me? This much!


When it comes to fries, I only really love the little crispy ones. So, imagine my delight when I glanced up to find that he'd been digging through the basket, setting aside all the very best morsels just for me!


Can I pick 'em, or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cure place. Yum, yum. xox

Hill Country Hippie said...

I'm heading back to San Antonio tomorrow afternoon with the Muses to see that Matisse exhibit, and I expect we'll be dining there again!