Friday, May 2, 2014

WHAT WILDNESS IS THIS?

First I spotted these guys, creeping across my path at the Hike & Bike. They looked kinda like itsy-bitsy strawberries, but had the wrong kind of leaf.


Then yesterday I spotted these fellows climbing up through the middle of some generic shrub, out in the center of a Wal-mart parking lot!


If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say these were blackberries. And, if blackberries can reseed themselves this easily from who knows where, and manage to do this well, then I'm thinkin' I should probably try growing some in the Cantina Garden, 'cause this is my kinda plant!


What a fruitful spring we are having!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first one I have seen but don't know what it is. Looks like blackberries coming out of euyonemous? I knwo I spelled that wrong but that's what they are. We have tons, tons, tons to clear out at the new place. I will leave some clumps in islands but I could eat blackberries for a year and never eat them all.....xox

Hill Country Hippie said...

I don't know where you guys are getting the energy to tackle everything you have taken on (you must be a lot younger than me) but I am so excited to go along for the virtual ride!