Saturday, April 26, 2014

SATURDAY STUDIO: WOMANLY FOOTWEAR


My hometown gal pals who visited last week came bearing gifts. Mostly they were beautiful plants from Wildseed Farms in Fredericksburg. Eventually, however, when she grew weary of my drooling, Miss Mona offered to give me the box her new cowgirl boots came in. Dig that color-mad art!


Just the footwear for a Bohemian-Hippy-Gypsy-Cowgirl, is it not? (No, her boots did not look like the ones pictured, but they were very cute nonetheless!)


I have been studying this picture all week long, and can't for the life of me figure out how it was done. I would have no problem drawing a boot like that, or painting in all the background colors, but it's all that pattern and texture that's driving me mad. It seems too perfect and evenly spaced to have been hand painted over the background, so I'm thinking it must have been stamped on. But how would you limit the stamping to just one oddly shaped section? Oh. My. Gosh. It just came to me. I bet it was stenciled on! You can see through stencils, so you would know where your perimeters were. Why didn't I think of that before?

Hmmm. I guess Justin Boots are no longer made in Justin, TX.
Yee-Haw! Time to go play!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun box....xox