Sunday, February 23, 2014

WEEKEND STUDIO: OOPS!

I suddenly got the urge to do some stamp-carving this weekend, and remembered that, at one time, I was thinking about carving a stamp of our little house on the hill. Not sure what I would use it for, but you never know. Perhaps I could use it in place of a signature or something? Anyhoo, that's what I did.

This photo was taken before the courtyard garden was added to the front of the house.
It may have been a trifle ambitious for someone with so little experience. Next time, I should probably go for a simplified depiction, without so much detail. And, oh yeah...


I must remember that the end product will be a mirror image of whatever you carve -- which is why I ended up with the tree and the staircase on the wrong side of the house! Ah well, the point is, I had fun doing it, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use it as a signsture, or maybe for your return address.....fun for journaling. xox