Friday, February 28, 2014

'TIS THE SEASON

Know what time it is boys and girls? ASPARAGUS time!



I've been harvesting a few stalks a day this week, from my tiny little patch in my wee little Cantina Garden, and I think I finally have enough for the two of us to make a meal out of!


The asparagus patch is there in the middle tier -- the one with all the stakes in it. Once harvest time is past, the ferns get really tall and floppy, so I tie them to those stakes with sparkly purple bows!


 
And, if asparagus is in season, you know what else is in season, don't you?


Strawberry Shortcake, that's what!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lucky you, enjoy....xox

musingegret said...

Synchronicity! I just learned this week (on an IQ quiz): 3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables? ANS: Rhubarb and asparagus!