Tuesday, January 28, 2014

BOOK SNUGGLES

Looking for a good book to snuggle up with on this frigid winter's day? Might I suggest Lost Lake, by Sarah Addison Allen?

I have read, and loved, every one of Allen's books, beginning with her first, Garden Spells. Each one involves a family of "unique" women, a main character who has grown up feeling a bit of a misfit, and of course, there always a soupcon of magic thrown in! It doesn't hurt that Allen is a bit of a foodie and a sensuist, making her descriptions of food and settings especially vivid.

I was devastated when, in 2011, and at such a young age, Allen was diagnosed with advanced stages of breast cancer. but am happy to report that she has been in remission now for about two years, and that Lost Lake was well worth waiting for. (Plus, it takes place in a steamy swamp, so it's sure to warm you up!)
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out. A few books on my reading table at the moment....xox