Saturday, November 2, 2013

WHEN WILL I LEARN?

UGH! Why do I let myself get so over-scheduled? Even now, in retirement! No matter how many times I vow not to let this happen, instead of slowing down to savor my favorite time of year, I somehow let it fill to the brim with so much activity that it just, well, overwhelms me. I guess that's the hardest part of being an introvert, huh? Trying to balance all the fun stuff with the need for down time?

I already postponed my birthday beach trip until spring, to free up a little breathing space, but then other things just seem to seep in and fill up any voids! This week I just finished up with the last of my annual doctor appointments, and now I have a dental appointment to look forward to (gag!), then Hubby and I head over to Hotel Ella in Austin for a couple of nights (he had some kind of points to use up). You may recognize it as the former inn called Mansion at Judges Hill, but, believe it or not, when I was in college, it was a private dormitory called Goodall Wooten! Plush digs for a college kid, no? Anyhoo, it's always fun to go spend a night or two in downtown Austin, to do some of those cool night-time activities without having to worry about a long, deer-dodging drive back to Wimberley afterwards.

We get back from there Saturday afternoon then, overnight, I need to get clothes washed and repacked so that I can head up to Dallas to help my sister Poodie, who is having another hip replaced. As soon as I get back from there, my brother- and sister-in-love from Ohio will be showing up for a visit, and my 12 Artsy Ornaments of Christmas class will begin (guess what we will be doing while you are here Priscilla?), and then it will be Thanksgiving, which I have made no plans for whatsoever! Aacckk! Here I go again!

Meanwhile, squeezed in between all that other stuff, I want to continue playing around with this idea:


I've been toying with the idea of making little travel journals for each of our trips -- one for the San Antonio vacation I won, one for my art camp at Camp Waldemar, one for our beach trip, etc. -- and it got me to thinkin' about vintage postcards that said "Wish you were here!" Yesterday I played around with one idea for a journal cover, and before I was even half done, I'd come up with a much better idea! Now all I have to do is find the time to work on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea those travel journals. Love your longhorns....xox