Thursday, November 14, 2013

STENCIL ME IN

As I was watching Dyan Reaveley's latest tutorial, it occurred to me that my favorite art supply of all just has to be stencils. First off, they can be used a thousand different ways -- in art journals, with gelli plates, even on fabric! Second, they are super cheap compared to other supplies -- especially if you mostly by the little 6x6 stencils, which are great for art journaling. Most important, however, is that, unlike stamps and paints and jars of gesso and gel medium, they take up no room whatsoever in my meager art supply storage space.

The stencils I've been lusting after for awhile now are Jane LaFazio's leaf and pod stencils, from Stencil Girl. I haven't found them in any of the art stores I've been in lately, so I guess I'd better go ahead and order them on line -- or else put them on my wish list for Christmas. Anyhoo, if you don't believe me when I say they can be used in a thousand ways, check out this blog hop I stumbled across this morning on Jane's blog, featuring the very stencils I speak of! Not only did I get lots of artsy inspiration on how to use them, I discovered several new artists that I wasn't familiar with. One in particular is obviously infected with the same kind of color-madness that I suffer from, and I can't wait to see more of her work. Can you guess which one she is?

Man, you just gotta love the blogosphere when it comes to creative inspiration!

No comments: