Wednesday, November 27, 2013

IT AIN'T OVER YET!

Bet you thought I was finally done with celebrating my big six oh, huh? To tell you the truth, I thought so too. But I was wrong.

Outdoor Woman suggested that the Muses should meet up at her place this week, instead of our usual coffee shop, and she would fix a simple lunch for us. I kept offering to help out and bring something, but she just wouldn't let me. Now I know why. When I walked through the door I found them all decked out in unusual finery, and grinning from ear to ear.


The only one missing was our little Fiber Woman, who was a bit under the weather from spending a long, cold, wet weekend working her booth at the Renaissance Festival. The table was set pretty fancy too, for a "simple lunch."


But it wasn't until I spotted the birthday streamers hanging from the ceiling that I finally caught on. That and my favorite cake from Sugar Shack, which was a dead give-away.


I tell you what, turning 60 hasn't been half bad. It's the birthday that just kept giving!
 

No comments: