Tuesday, August 13, 2013

NOW FOR THE SCARY PART

Well, it was pretty exciting when the first Wild Girls Circle Journal arrived in my mailbox over a week ago. I couldn't wait to see what was inside the package!

Front Cover
My name was No.2 on the list, so Denita -- the originator of this project, who has lots and lots of experience with stuff like this -- mailed her journal to me. She chose to do an "altered book" journal, meaning she took an actual book and turned it into a journal by decorating the covers, gluing some pages together to make them strong enough for paint, and removing other pages to make the journal less bulky.

Back Cover
  I placed it on my art table, and I go over to it several times a day, to just stand there, admiring it.

Inside Front Cover
What I haven't done so far, and cannot seem to make myself do, is to get started on the two-page spread that I am supposed to paint in her book.

Instructions, tags, and sheets of protective deli paper that she tucked into the back of her journal.
I mean, it's one thing to mess something up inside your own journal. No one else ever has to see it, right? It's a whole 'nuther ball of wax to mess something up in someone else's journal -- especially a Circle Journal, which is going to make the rounds from one person to another before finally making its way back home!

Denita's little bio tag she made.
Since I must finish up with my spread in this journal, and have it packed up and on it's way to the next person in line by the 22nd, I guess it's time to put on my brave girl boots and get busy, huh? I have an idea of what I want to do, so maybe I'll just test the idea out in one of my own journals first, to see if my plan will even work. Yeah, that's the ticket!

On the plus side, Denita's bio says she's 100% kind, so even if it doesn't turn out just as I had imagined? I'm pretty sure she will forgive me!

No comments: