Friday, August 16, 2013

LOCAL TRAILER MAKES GOOD

Kome' Sushi Kitchen
One reason I often refer to my hubby as "Adventure Boy" is that he is willing to drive all over tarnation looking for some interesting new thing to try. Me, not so much. Not that I don't like trying new things. It's the driving all over tarnation bit that I'm none too crazy about. When I'm hungry, I'm hungry. Plus, I have no sense of direction, and if I'm alone, I need to have my route plotted out ahead of time. Hubby can always find his way home. So, when I stumbled across an issue of Austin Monthly recently, I decided it might be worth my time to peruse the restaurant listings. That way I could have several names, along with their exact locations, ready to go, next time Adventure Boy was in the mood to try something new. This listing in particular caught my eye: "Lovers of sushi trailer Sushi-A-Go-Go have an intimate new restaurant off Airport Boulevard to get their fix. Chef Take' Asazu, formerly of Uchi, and his wife, Kayo, have painstakingly crafted a menu that features unbeatable ramen noodle soup with pork, spinach, corn and a boiled egg, and knockout rolls like the Love For Sale, packed with veggies and mango. Lunch and dinner Mon-Sat. 4917 Airport Blvd."


Boy, was my hubby ever surprised this week, when he suggested that we go to a movie plus lunch at our standby Asian place, Mama Fu's, and I came back with, "Nah, I think we should try something new for a change."

Sashimi Lunch Special, which came with Miso soup and pickled vegetables
Ramen Noodle Soup
You can call me Adventure Girl.

No comments: