Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TA TA FOR NOW!

If I can get my act together and get myself packed, I should be heading off to Dallas before long. Well, Plano actually, which is just north of Dallas. My sister Kathy (Gus) and I are all a'twitter, for tomorrow we will be spending the entire day, from 9:30 until 6:00, learning all kinds of artsy goodness from the infamous Dyan Reaveley -- British blogger, shop owner, Senior Educator for Ranger craft products, and color-mad creator of all the products in their Dylusions line, such as these marvelous ink sprays and stamp sets... 


 
which I use to do fun stuff like this.


Dyan lives in England, but travels the world teaching classes, and as far as I know, she only ever makes two stops in all of Texas -- one in Waxahachie, and one at a great little shop called Stamp Asylum, which just happens to be about five minutes from my sister's house. How lucky is that! Best of all? I won't have to bring an extra suitcase filled with art supplies this time. Not only are they supplying everything we need for this class (all we have to bring is an apron), they've even promised us a bag full of goodies to take home with us. Woohoo!

On Thursday we will meet up with big sister Carolyn (Poodie) and hang out with her all day, then I should be home by Friday afternoon, with lots of new artsy stuff and plenty of pictures to share. I have every confidence that my hubby will do just fine without me for a few days. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. As for him, well, I'm pretty sure he's doing his free-at-last-happy-dance every time I turn my back!

1 comment:

LaNell said...

Jealous. Hope she will be back to Texas so I can take a class from her. Enjoy!