Sunday, July 14, 2013

DEPENDS ON YOUR POINT OF VIEW

One of this week's projects in Wild Summer Art had us getting outside with our cameras. Most of us tend to shoot photos from our natural view point, standing up and looking straight ahead. For this exercise, however, we had to look at things from a variety of perspectives -- looking down, looking up, down on our bellies at eye level, etc. You get some pretty interesting shots that way.




We then used those shots to make a montage of little paintings in one of our art journals, and this is what I ended up with.





Junelle was right. It's all about how you look at things.


2 comments:

LaNell said...

Lovely! I am crazy about my cornflowers. I would love to get a picture of one with the beautiful gold finches eating the seeds. Seeing your flowers gives me hope that I can have some flowers there when I finally get there. Everyone says the deer eat everything.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Yeah, between the deer and the armadillos, it's pretty tough to have a garden here -- which is why we built that little courtyard garden where I took all these photos. It doesn't keep them out completely, but it slows them down a little.