Sunday, May 19, 2013

WHAT'S FOR DINNER: PLAN B

 
My original plan for sister Gus' welcoming dinner tonight was to prepare these lovely beef cheeks that I got from The Bountiful Sprout. They are quite delicious when allowed to braise slowly in a splash of good wine. However, it just occurred to me that having my oven on all afternoon is probably not the brightest idea, unless, of course, I want my sister to step through the door, and decide that agreeing to visit someone whose AC is on the blink is the worst decision she ever made in her life!


Fortunately, whilst digging around in the freezer, I came across not only some leftovers of a yummy Black Bean Tortilla Casserole that I made, but also a package of Bountiful Sprout's tamales -- both microwaveable!


Best of all, I remembered this little jewel of a leftover container, brought home from The Leaning Pear last night...


containing a bit of Goat Cheese Queso Fundido. I think that will be Ab Fab drizzled over the tamales, don't you? Now all we need is a bit of bright green guacamole for our plates, and we're good to go!

No comments: