Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WHAT'S ON YOUR TABLE?

 No matter how often I clear my work table off, it never seems to last for long.


Here it is this morning, and I can tell you right now, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better!


At first it was just this little pile here, centered around a great book by Carla Sonheim that came in the mail the other day. I figured it was time to stretch my drawing skills -- step outside the box and get a little more whimsical. I feel I must make a disclaimer though, regarding that page full of giraffe drawings. Those were blind contour drawings, meaning I wasn't allowed to look at the page while I was doing the drawing!



This stuff was added to the mix yesterday, after I realized that Hobby Lobby had all their sketchbooks, journals and stamps marked 40 - 50% off!

The reason it's not going to get any better, anytime soon, however, is this:


This is a new online class that just started yesterday, where I get to take lessons from 21 different teachers! I have a feeling it's gonna take me quite a while to work my way through all of them. It took me most of my day, paper and ink just to print the 66-page workbook! I'm thinking it's going to require several more trips to the craft stores for supplies, too, as I've already spotted a few things I don't have, if that's even possible, such as these watercolor paints that sparkle!


So what about you? What's on your table? Seriously, I really want to know! My sister-in-law, who works with polymer clay, sent me a picture of her work space recently, and I'm thinking it would be great fun to periodically do a post showing the workspaces of several of my creative friends, be it an art table, a sewing table, or even a kitchen counter or potting bench! Just send me a photo of whatever kind of mess gets your creative juices flowing! (my email address should be in my profile or the side bar somewhere)

No comments: