Tuesday, April 9, 2013

WATERCOLOR PLAYGROUND

I think I mentioned last week that I started another of my infamous on-line art classes. This one, called 21 Secrets Art Journaling Workshop, is a doozie. It has 21 different instructors, each teaching their own little class, some of which involve multiple projects. The first class I chose was sort of a warm-up lesson -- some fun exercises to get you past that fear of the blank page or canvas. From there I went on to one called "Watercolor Playground", with instructor Tammy Garcia.


It started with that rainbow-looking project where we practiced overlapping colors and letting them blend. Then we practiced mixing colors, and making color charts to record our results.

Yesterday I finished up the project called "Stripes"...


and today it was "Bubbles."


Believe it or not, there's still one more to go, where we use all the things we've learned to create a "Watercolor Playground" page. All this, from just one of the twenty one instructors! At this rate, it may take me a couple of months or more to complete all the lessons, but that's okay. Am I getting my money's worth? Yes indeedy!

No comments: