Saturday, April 13, 2013

ADVENTURE BOY IS BACK!

Well, Hubby must be feeling a whole lot better for, not only did he take me on another of his infamous outings yesterday, he packed so much adventure into it, it will take two blog posts to tell you about it all! The main purpose for our trip to Austin was getting his blood drawn -- so they can run his final (we hope) cultures, to be sure the staph infection isn't coming back. Unfortunately, getting the results will take about five days.  When I said something like "Maybe we'll be lucky and they will call us sooner", I was informed that that would, in fact, be extremely UN-lucky, for it would mean bad news for sure. So, here's hoping we don't hear from them any time soon!

Once we had the icky stuff out of the way, we were able to start on the fun stuff. First stop was lunch at one of the many, many places Hubby has managed to just "stumble upon." I used to think he did it by sheer luck, but now I realize it's a gift that he works very hard at. I've been with him a few times when he spent hours searching for a little hole in the wall that he'd "heard something about" somewhere, only to have it end up being really sucky. I told him that, from now on, I'd rather skip that part of the adventure. Fortunately, this place had already been scouted and tested, and had proven worthy.


Located on S. Lamar, near 290, you'd hardly know it was there, tucked back behind some other little businesses, and you'd certainly never suspect that it had views like these, looking out over the hills and cliffs of southwest Austin.



Views on the inside were almost as good.



Love these napkins, which look very French for some reason.
Just be sure to go with a hearty appetite. Lunch specials are geared to the male business crowd -- lots of food for a little price.



The only thing I couldn't figure out was this:


A trailer you can rent by the hour? Hmmmmm.


Next stop after lunch was to see the movie 42, which I thoroughly enjoyed, even though I'm not a sports fan, and it made me cry several times. Fortunately, the good people in it overshadowed the bad, and what a story!

Well, that's it for Part I. Part II tomorrow!

1 comment:

Teri H said...

Glad to hear he's feeling better! Ooooooo... I like the looks of this place! I'm adding it to my list of places I want to eat at! Thanks!