Monday, March 4, 2013

MISS BECKY'S GOIN' TO CAMP, Y'ALL!

Can you believe it? This Texas girl has never been to camp! Well, I did a couple of weekend overnighters with the Girl Scouts, but gen-u-ine Summer Camp? Never! Once I was all grown up, I got to go to a few writing workshops, which had that whole female-camaraderie thing going on, but I'm kinda past all that now. I decided that if I was ever going to blow any money on another retreat, it would be an ART retreat this time. The problem was finding just the right one -- one with a really good line up of classes and teachers, and that didn't require an expensive plane ticket on top of the tuition, food and lodging expenses. Anywho, Hubby and I went to lunch at Leaning Pear yesterday, and they just happened to have a stack of the spring issue of Edible Austin laying out, so of course, I grabbed one. Well, you'll never guess what I found inside. This!


You would not believe the line up of teachers folks! Everything from artists I've seen in magazines like Art Journaling and Artful Blogging to a French food stylist/photographer/blogger that I'm a fan of. The hardest part was whittling down the list of options to one full day class and three half-days, but I finally decided on a Happy Painting class with Juliette Crane, Food From Your Backyard with Lisa Seger, Making Cheese with Lisa Seger, and a Stamp Carving class with Nicole Levy.

I can't believe all this will be happening right here in the Texas Hill Country, at a fabulous girl's camp called Waldemar, which has been around for ever. Check out these digs!



SQUEE! My hubby was so funny when I showed him the ad. He started in with his usual lecture, "Becky, I really think you should go..." "OK", "No, I'm serious. You always wanted to do something like this, and I really think you should..." "I'm going." "It's right around your big six-oh, and it could be your birthday present to yourself..." "BABE! You don't have to convince me! I'm there!" huh?

So. Who's goin' with me?

P.S. There's a link to the camps website over in my sidebar, beneath my "tags".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can feel your excitement from here! You Go Girl!