Tuesday, December 18, 2012

COFFEE FILTER CREATIONS

 
If you've been following my trail of hints on facebook, you're probably wondering what the heck I've been up to, knee-deep in coffee filters all week. Well I'm about to show you!


First I was tea-dying them.


Then I was adding polka dots with one of my Adirondak paint dabbers.


Then I realized that 50 of them just wasn't going to be enough, so I tea-dyed 50 more, and left them drying overnight in the kitchen -- which caused my hubby to give me that you've-really-lost-it-this-time look. I get that a lot.


Then I was scrunching them into cone shapes, pulling off millions of hot glue threads, and saying some rather naughty words over scorched fingers.


Finally, I ended up with this. I had originally planned to hang it here on the pantry door, but things seemed too pale...


 then I decided to try it on the front door, but things were too dark and exposed...


finally I tried it in the dining room, and that was just right! Well, except for one thing.


Glitter!


Now it's absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

musingegret said...

Ooooo, so pretty! Just think, you'll have that for many Christmases to come.