Sunday, October 21, 2012

ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK


Yesterday John was smiling and cheerful, sat up in a chair for all his meals, and even pestered me for sips of my Dr. Pepper. It was a very good day. Today, not so much. The nausea was back with a vengeance -- so bad, in fact, that the only thing they could do was give him enough drugs to make him sleep all day. They warned me about this at the start -- said this would not be a steady progression. They said the nausea would come and go. The headaches would be worse some days than others, and would probably move from one spot to another. Still, after several days in a row of things getting better and better, it can be pretty dang scary when things suddenly go so far in reverse.

Luckily, he called me a little while ago, and sounded much more like his old self. Now maybe I can get a decent night's sleep. I'm gonna need it, because I need to leave by 7:00 if I want to be with him in pre-op, before he heads off for his angiogram. The reason for doing another one is twofold. First they want to check for anything new, but there's also a chance that something could have been hidden by blood and clots when they did the first one. Now that a lot of that has dispersed, they can get a better view -- make sure there wasn't a little balloon-type aneurysm in there somewhere that needs to be taken care of. Your prayers, positive vibes, and loving thoughts would be much appreciated. And, just to be on the safe side, I made sure these new prayer flags my friend Nicki sent us got hung in his hospital room before I left today. It couldn't hurt, right?


1 comment:

Marguerite said...

God Bless you both and good luck. The prayer flags are wonderful.