Tuesday, August 7, 2012

SWITCHING HATS YET AGAIN

In case you missed reading it the first dozen or so times I mentioned it, I am not a multi-tasker. I'm more of a focus-on-one-thing-so-hard-you-totally-lose-yourself-in-it kinda gal. First it was the dining porch enclosure, then getting a water-catchment system installed.
Next was designing the Cantina Garden enclosure, to replace that pile of rubble in front of our house.
For a while after that I was totally obsessed with planting up my first real veggie garden.
But, after a couple of year's worth of losing battles with these guys, I decided to switch my focus back to growing mostly native perennials -- something I was actually good at! What I discovered though, was that the easy route isn't necessarily the most rewarding one. Sometimes you really have to fight for something in order to feel a little ecstasy in the achievement of it. Soooo, here we go again!


2 comments:

PLane said...

Composting is a WONDERFUL thing. Mike put all my last year's compost in our vegetable bed and they've been doing superbly despite the high heat and lack of rain. My garden club members were SO impressed!

Hill Country Hippie said...

My only problem here is that, since we don't mow any grass, there's not near as much stuff to put in the bins.