Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SHOE SHOPPING

I have a confession to make. As a rule, this self-professed Bohemian-Hippy-Gypsy-Cowgirl goes out and splurges on one new pair of shoes every three or four years, whether she needs them or not. We have a great little shoe store right here in Wimberley, that specializes in sassy-but-oh-so-comfortable shoes. I've been wearing the two pairs of summer sandals I bought there (one flat everyday, one dressy) almost non-stop, six or seven months out of the year, ever since I got them. You see, I'm not a big fan of having matching shoes and purses for every different outfit. I hate changing purses. One problem with this system is that I've worn these two basic pairs way too much, and though they still look great, they're all stretched out. My foot slides way down in them, and hangs out over the ends. Sooooo, after having lunch at Inoz' the other day, I decided to wander next door to the little shoe shop, just to look around. I found plenty to like, all super-comfy too, but finding one pair of shoes that goes with everything just ain't easy. Which is why, for the very first time in my entire life, I bought not one, or even two, but three pairs of shoes, all in one fell swoop! It wasn't 'til after I got home, and had them all laid out on my bed to show John, that I realized just what I had purchased:

HIPPY
GYPSY
COWGIRL
I'm still crackin' myself up over it.

6 comments:

Marguerite said...

I luff them! What is the brand of the booties? I am a huge fan of Mephisto sandals. You will look adorable in all of them HCH!

Hill Country Hippie said...

The punched leather "booties" say "Pikolinos-Naturally Good". They are so so comfy!

musingegret said...

I, too, 'luff' them all---but my fave is Gypsy! Isn't that the height of decadence to buy 3 pairs at once? What fun!

musingegret said...

I, too, 'luff' them all---but my fave is Gypsy! Isn't that the height of decadence to buy 3 pairs at once? What fun!

Anonymous said...

Cute shoes and I love the shop!

Hill Country Hippie said...

The salesgirl didn't believe me when I told her I was feeling a bit queasy over the purchase, but that my hubby would be delighted. He was!