Monday, May 14, 2012

COLOR MAD MONDAY: PALETTE DU JOUR

I had a simple assignment this weekend: take one sheet of paper, and dab upon it the colors that are rocking your world right now. Then assign each color a word, perhaps one that describes how it makes you feel -- kind of like one of those Rorschach ink blot tests. Funny, isn't it, how "simple" so often gets way out of hand? This time, it started with me flipping idly through a few magazines, to see which colors jumped out at me. As you well know, our tastes often change, so I wanted to nail down exactly where mine were focussed at this particular moment in time.
I tore a few of those magazine images out, and ended up gluing them onto my color inspiration sheets. Then I remembered some of the things I had seen online lately, and printed up a few of those images as well. Next, of course, I had to get out all my paints, water-soluble crayons and pastels, water color pencils, etc., so I could try and figure out just which ones came closest to matching the colors in the photos.
Before I knew it, our dining room table was covered in color inspiration sheets! I still haven't done the actual assignment, but there's one thing we now know for certain. Miss Becky ain't no fan of muted or pastel! But then, I guess you already knew that, huh?

No comments: