Tuesday, May 29, 2012

BLUE HOLE: A PEEK AT PHASE II

I took the Hike & Bike over to the Blue Hole the other day, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Phase II projects they've been working on all winter. They still had the playing field/pavilion area blocked off, but I did get to see one or two new additions. First was that small amphitheater above. I'm guessing that's where they are now holding weekly concerts.

Next I spotted the sign below, and couldn't resist following the path to see where it led.
I couldn't step out onto the overlook yet (it seems to be missing a protective railing) but I was able to snap a couple of shots from off to the side.

Looking down onto the Blue Hole swimming area
A zoomed-in shot
I also saw signs promising lots more options for walkers and nature-lovers -- all part of Wimberley's master plan for becoming one of the healthiest little towns in the country. I think it's working!

2 comments:

catislander said...

Love it! when is the plan for "officially" opening?

Hill Country Hippie said...

Not sure. It may have opened for Memorial Day. I'll have to ask around.