Sunday, April 8, 2012

BE STILL MY HEART

Many years ago, when we first bought this house, my hubby scattered tons of wildflower seeds around. Nothing happened. Next year he scattered tons more. Still nothing.Then, two or three years ago, after a nice wet El Nino year, we suddenly had a bunch of poppies appear. None of them, however, were in any of the spots where he had originally scattered seed. They were mostly in a circle around our rain tank, where water running down the hillside must have carried them. We went right back into drought mode after that, and hubby finally gave up on putting any seed out. Imagine my surprise, then, when I saw this patch of weedy stuff right in front of my house this spring, and realized what it was.
Happy, happy easter!

1 comment:

B Northcut said...

The upside of the drought. Killed a lot of stuff, other stuff that ordinarily couldn't compete has shown up. I'm seeing plants in my spare lot that i've never seen out there before