Friday, April 13, 2012

ALL MY BAGS ARE PACKED...NOT!

Well, since I'm your classic last minute packer (no point packing too early, when you know you'll be needing to use all that stuff right up 'til the end, right?) I'd been sitting in my sunrise-watching-nest since about 5:00 this morning, just thinking about all the stuff I still needed to do in order to head out for Austin by 10:00 -- like shower, dress, take meds (for this tooth thingy), finish packing, reprint my story for open mike in a larger font in case the lighting isn't too good there and it's hard to read, clean up the kitchen, load the car, do a blog post, etc. Unfortunately, most of that needed to be done in the bedroom, where my hubby was still fast asleep.
Oh, speaking of that tooth thingy, did I tell you that I finally got Phase II of my dental implant on Monday? The part where they actually insert the rod?  Fortunately, it was a breeze -- the only bad part being them trying to get my conscious IV sedation going, since, even if you are lucky enough to find a decent vein on me, it will probably shut itself off as soon as you poke it. Anyhoo, they finally got one going on the side of my wrist, I slept through it all, and I haven't had a lick of pain or any swelling since. Woohoo! I was so afraid it might mess with my fun this weekend!
Well, daylight's a-wastin'. Time to get this show on the road.  Ha! I just realized this is Friday the 13th. Sure hope we don't end up with some hockey-masked lunatic running amok in the hotel this weekend. If not, I'll see ya Sunday!

No comments: