Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HIGH AND DRY

After The Flood -- Early September 2010
How are all my Hill Country buddies doing this morning? Hope everyone managed to stay high and dry during last night's hullabaloo (especially those of you up around Burnet). We got about two and a half inches of rain last night, and the creek was roaring like a son-of-a-gun when I got up and opened a window this morning, but as far as I can tell, we had no wind or hail damage, and no tornadoes touched down near here. There are lots of low-water-crossings hereabouts that are closed right now (pray that my hubby doesn't try to drive through any of them on his way to a doctor's appointment in Dripping this morning), but since no more rain is expected in the next few days, the levels should recede fairly soon.  All in all, coulda been a lot worse -- and I sure won't mind having that full-to-overflowing rain tank, as we head into summer!

No comments: