Monday, February 13, 2012

A WICKED GOOD TIME!

That bat above the stage made the little kid in front of us squeal and crawl behind his dad about two minutes into the show, when it suddenly came to life. His eyes lit up a fiery-red, and he turned to look straight at us!
Bass Hall lobby
Souvenirs anyone?
A wee-witch-wannabe in the audience
Well, as you can imagine, we had a wicked good time at the music hall yesterday. We gave tickets to Lex and her beau for her birthday last month and, of course, invited ourselves to tag along. I wouldn't recommend taking very young children though. For one thing, they'd never be able to follow the story. For another, those flying monkeys are even more terrifying when they are life-sized!

Usually, I find it adds to my enjoyment of a musical if I have listened to the soundtrack ahead of time, becoming familiar with the story and a few of the songs. I think this play might be the one exception, for, no matter how talented the person playing good witch Glenda, I just couldn't squelch that little voice in my head which kept saying, over and over again, "If only you had seen it on Broadway, with Kristen Chenowith!"

No comments: