Saturday, January 21, 2012

WHOA NELLIE! MUSHROOMS: DAY 7

It won't be long now until I can harvest my first mushrooms, so I've been going over some of the suggested recipes on the Back to the Roots website, trying to make up my mind just how I want to use them. Should I make a stroganoff? What about clam-free "chowdah", or moos-coos (mushroom couscous) There are lots of pasta options, like fettucini with mushrooms and spring herbs, garlic sesame soba noodles, or yummy mushroom pasta. But then there's that delish-sounding risotto, or that wilted spinach salad. So many choices! I plan to try them all, sooner or later. But, the more I think about it, the more I am certain that, the very first time I cook with them, I should keep it as simple as possible.  Maybe just a quick saute' with a bit of real butter and fleur de sel, so that there is nothing to distract me from their just-picked yumminess. Ah, yes. That's the ticket!

No comments: