Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TIME IS TOO SHORT, FOR THOSE THAT LAUGH

This year I...
finally got a full-time housemate -- one who came with an awful lot of baggage;
got a second blog, Miss Becky Goes Abroad, and started writing down the stories of our time overseas, at long last;
reconnected with a good friend from the olden days, who also found her dream home in Wimberley, and is about to become my neighbor;
went on a T.A.I.R. with my two sisters (Thomas Annual Inspirational Retreat) to Salado;
finally got that uber fun screening procedure done -- the one I've been putting off for seven or eight years;
got to help three Muses...
and one best friend, celebrate their big Six-Ohs;
got to take two fabulous trips with the love of my life;
and was able to assist The Bountiful Sprout in reaching their long-dreamed-of goal of opening a branch in Austin.
Best of all, I got to watch both of my kiddos settle into happy, healthy relationships, and flourish in careers they are passionate about.  What more could a girl ask for?
 It was a very good year.

3 comments:

musingegret said...

What a wonderful pictorial re-cap of the year! Thank you for sharing. Loved the pic of all those moving boxes.....what a difference a year makes.

musingegret said...

What a wonderful pictorial re-cap of the year! Thank you for sharing. Loved the pic of all those moving boxes.....what a difference a year makes.

Hill Country Hippie said...

ME: Can you believe it? Our garage is almost empty now, except for a dinette set my sister wanted us to hang onto in case she ever moves into a smaller place that won't hold her big table. After the dinging John's car took in the last hail storm, I don't think that table's gonna be around much longer either.