Thursday, December 29, 2011

COLOR-MAD SYNCHRONICITY

John was getting very upset with me earlier this week, for, though I had made sure the kids opened all their Christmas gifts, I still hadn't opened any of mine.  I kept thinking he'd be released, and we could open all of ours together, at home.  Finally I caved to the pressure, gathered up all but our biggest ones, and hauled them to the hospital.  It just so happened that I was wearing this newish, cedar-green top that day.
Well, guess what was in the very first package I opened that morning?  Do you remember my telling you about the lady who came on board our riverboat in France, to talk to us about the silk-screen industry in Lyon?  I really wanted to buy one of her gorgeous scarves, but before I had a chance, they announced that all wishing to accompany the chef on a tour of the indoor market needed to leave immediately!  So I did -- but my hubby did not.  And this is what I got:
It contains the very same cedar-green color as my blouse and its matching fringed jacket, so I immediately tucked it beneath the collar of the jacket and let it hang down on each side in front.  Gorgeous!

The next gift I opened was from my sister-in-law Priscilla, a crafter extraordinaire!  She started out working with miniatures, then segued into polymer clays.  What I hadn't realized, though, was that she was now dabbling in wire and beads.  Check this out:
You can't really tell it from these photos, but the scarf contains all the same colors as my new bracelet and earrings, so of course, I put those on too.  Outrageous!  Suddenly I was wearing a fabulous Bohemian-Hippy-Gypsy-Cowgirl ensemble -- my favorite kind -- and I didn't have to lift a finger to pull it together!  Don't you just love it when something like that happens?

No comments: