Sunday, November 13, 2011

SIMPLE HAPPY: ANCIENT OAKS

Writing about the TreeHouse store yesterday reminded me of my favorite tree -- the one in my neighborhood that I pass several times a day.
I love this tree.  I loved it when it stood in a rushing creek, creating a shady green bower with leaf-covered, chandelier-hung limbs that touched the ground, and I love it now, stark and almost bare.
A tree as old as this one forces you to slow down and think -- about all the people who may have sat under it, or in it, over the last century or two.  It makes you look at the bigger picture, to see how silly some of the things we waste time fretting about are, and how important other things might be, if we continue to ignore them. Things like wasting water.
This tree makes me sooooo happy.  I wish I had a house in this tree!

No comments: