Thursday, September 15, 2011

A MIGHTY FINE GUMBO

Know what I love about living in Wimberley?  We get to celebrate Fat Tuesday every month of the year! Local chef/caterer Linda Allen bought a cute little house just past the library a few years back, to use as her catering headquarters and as a pick-up site for food-to-go.  She added a table or two when people started running in on their lunch breaks to grab something to go, then didn't want to leave!
Eventually it morphed into a full-blown restaurant, and one of our favorite places to eat -- especially on the second Tuesday of each month.  That is when Linda calls upon her inner Cajun, and fixes up a whole mess of Red Beans and Rice, Crawfish Pies and Nachos, Muffaletta Sandwiches, and best of all, a big ol' vat of the best Chicken and Sausage Gumbo I ever tasted.  As if that weren't enough, she even provides live music out on the porch, to help us get our mood on!
I keep sayin' I'm gonna try some of that other stuff, but when it gets down to the wire, I always go for the gumbo.  That Linda makes a mighty fine bowl of gumbo!  Not only that, guess who went a wee bit color-mad, when she brought it out on this gorgeous pottery, whose swirls echoed all the colors in the gumbo!  Have I ever mentioned that I have a thing for color?

No comments: