Wednesday, June 29, 2011

REDO NEWS: DAY 21

Guess what?  The painters were supposed to come on Monday morning, but got delayed.  We're still waiting.

Also, when we heard they were coming to lay the flooring, we not only moved everything off the kitchen and bathroom floors, we also emptied out our closet floors, so they could put down some cedar planking in there.  Only, it turns out the flooring guys didn't know anything about that.  They thought maybe someone else was supposed to handle that.  So, for over a week now I've had to traverse an obstacle course of shoe racks and elfa units, just to get in and out of bed.

The shower is pretty much finished, but we can't use it until the glass walls come in...

The stones shined up pretty, didn't they?

my dining room table is still piled with towels and bathroom knick-knacks...

the living room furniture is still shoved over to one side of the room, its chairs piled with new hardware and such...


John needed something to replace souvenir shopping in France.
and there seems to be at least an inch of dust coating everything in the house, including my toothbrush.  I just want my house back!

But wait!  What is that I hear?  Could it be a couple of trucks coming up my driveway?  Woohoo!

3 comments:

Teri H said...

It's looking great! I'm sure it will all be worth it!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks Teri! Hey, did you see your husband's comment on my post about ironing yesterday?

Teri H said...

I hadn't seen it, but went and read it after you mentioned it... haha! You do have it right as I do enjoy ironing but I seem to not have much to do these days! I think I enjoy it more when I don't have anything to iron! I even have some linen capris that I never iron... I like the soft "natural" look of them... (or maybe I'm just getting lazy?) =)