Sunday, March 20, 2011

TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL

One summer week's order from TBS, spread out on my counter.

For those of you who may not have access to the wonderful Edible Austin magazine, here is a link to a wonderful article about The Bountiful Sprout, which appeared in their spring issue.  TBS is the group I have been volunteering with, ever since I moved to Wimberley full-time.  Jeremy Walther, who writes for Edible Austin, became so enthusiastic about the concept, while conducting all the interviews, that he has volunteered to open a branch in Austin.  Exciting times!

2 comments:

PLane said...

Are those squash blossoms in the middle of the photo? If so, what do you do with them?

Hill Country Hippie said...

Well, it's been quite a while, but if I remember right, I tore a few into salads, and stuffed the rest with goat cheese. Can't remember whether I fried them or not though. Got any good recipes, in case they show up on the list again?