Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ALWAYS ON MY MIND


What with all the moving, unpacking and rearranging that's been going on around here lately, the Miss Becky Goes Abroad project had to be moved to a back burner for a while. Nonetheless, she's been ever on my mind. Not long after I wrote this post, my sister sent me the name of the person who does all the design work for one of our favorite blogs, NieNie Dialogues. As it turns out, she is no longer accepting clients. The good news, though, is that she has set up this wonderful website as a source for all things blog related, and it just happens to have a list of professional blog designers!

Yesterday, I finally had the chance to sit down and explore my options. Each designer has an on-line portfolio one can peruse, and it was easy to get a feel for the kind of work they lean towards. Many were into the young hip look, sort of a Mad Men mid-century retro thing. Others preferred the modern cutsey "scrapbooking" feel of Nie Nie's blog. Nope, not what I had in mind for Miss Becky.

Finally, though, I came across one designer who seemed to have a knack for creating a sense of place and time. Each blog in her portfolio had a certain unique ambience or atmosphere-- as if a stage had been set for the story that was about to unfold. I'm thinkin', she just might be THE ONE. Now, if only she'd hurry and get back to me with answers to the 50 or so questions I shot off to her!

3 comments:

Linda Hoye said...

Looking forward to the new blog, Becky!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks Linda! The blog designer said I should have my first draft by Sunday evening, and it may be online by Wednesday-ish.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Hmmmm. That's weird. What happened to Hill Country Hippie? Does this mean I have to use the same name on both blogs?