Wednesday, October 6, 2010

SPEW ALERT


Why is it that the best thing about fall - finally having nice enough breezes and cool enough temps to shut off the AC and throw open the windows - has to coincide with the worst thing about fall - ragweed season?

I woke up with a doozy of a sinus headache yesterday, that just got worse as the day progressed. I wasn't sure I could make it through my Zumba class without spewing the breakfast taco I had shared with the Muses that morning, so I broke down and took my last ditch remedy, two Advil liquigels washed down with a caffein-laden soda. I know! I know! Not very Mother Earth of me, but at least it did the trick and I made it to Zumba. Then I shut all the windows as an extra precaution.

Guess I musta shut myself inside with a whole bunch of pollen, cuz around 2:30 this morning I was suddenly jolted awake by someone trying to split my skull in two with an axe! Crap. Here we go again...

P.S. Many thanks to telegraph.co.uk for the image above.

No comments: