Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SNEAKY SNAKE




Get a load of the giant reptile that slithered into the Cantina Garden recently. I almost wet my pants one Saturday, last time John was here, when I happened to glance out the dining porch window and caught sight of this! As it turns out, he and my new scarecrow droid make a pretty good guard team. Haven't seen any new hoof-prints in the garden since they arrived. Of course, the fact that I yanked out all my summer stuff right around that same time, and the fall stuff isn't up yet, could have some bearing on that as well. Anyhoo, I guess I'll let him stick around for a while - long as he doesn't invite any of his buds to join him!

2 comments:

Teri H said...

I finally experienced the real thing... I opened the nesting box door... and there with his mouth all over one of my blue eggs was a snake! I promptly slammed that door closed and came inside to call David! A very kind Deputy Sheriff came out and rescued me...

Hill Country Hippie said...

And the number one reason I don't have chickens is...