Thursday, September 16, 2010

MAKING MUD PIES WITH THE MUSES: DAY ONE






Many times over the years I have stumbled across magazine articles about two amazing landscapers on Bainbridge Island, in Washington. George Little and David Lewis accent their landscaping

with unique organic-looking pieces they have fashioned out of concrete. I was over the moon when I discovered they had finally published a book about their work - A Garden Gallery: The Plants, Art, and Hardscape of Little and Lewis, by George Little and David Lewis.

One day I took that book to coffee with me, to share it with the Muses. That's when Cheryl said "We can do that. Rick and I have worked with concrete before. We can teach you!" A year later, after struggling to find a two-day block of time when we could all get together, then getting rained out not once, but twice, we finally did it!

2 comments:

musingegret said...

Can't wait to see pics of the finished/curing pieces. Loved the link to Lewis and Little's blog. There was so much to browse through; their two houses in San Miguel are gorgeous.

I just bet that mosaic piece is going in the Cantina Garden---amiright?

What a wonderful experience to add to "The Good Life List."

Makin' memories...........

Hill Country Hippie said...

me: Yes, their garden in Washington was part of the inspiration behind the Cantina Garden. Did you see that wall with the leaf-shaped sculptures scattered over it? If I ever finish painting my cinder block wall...

Haven't seen the photos of their San Miguel house. Must go look now!