Friday, August 13, 2010

LEARNING THE VALUE OF BREVITY






You guys better pray my camera problem gets fixed soon, cuz otherwise I might have to go back to my old way of doing things. You don't know how lucky you are that I finally got into taking photos for this blog, and learned how to mince my words. I've used up all my "thinkin'" posts for the week, and would normally be filling in with some "lookin' " posts about now. However, since I can't do that without photos, I thought maybe I'd go back in the archives and pull something from that very first summer after we bought the place, to remind you (and myself) just how far we've come.

But Holey Moley, those posts were long - and with hardly any photos at all to break them up! There's some good stuff in them, about hurricanes and tow trucks and trips to the ER, and a one hour trip that somehow took us five hours, overcoming arachnaphobia, and my parents' one and only visit here. If you're interested in any of that, feel free to click on the period labeled Nov. and Dec. of '07. That's not when we first bought the place, that's just when I finally got around to taking my handwritten stuff and transferring it to blog form. Since I've already reached my current average of around two paragraphs per post though, I think I'll forgo tacking on another 5 or 6 paragraphs for you to read here. Maybe I'll just add a few "before" pictures of the house instead.

No comments: