Tuesday, July 6, 2010

COLOR-MAD MONDAY...ON TUESDAY


Sorry I'm late. I was afraid to desert my post on the porch this morning. I had deer triplets foraging uncomfortably close to the Cantina Garden, sans adult supervision, and they seemed to be quite fearless. I called out to them several times, and they paused for a second to see where the voice was coming from, then went right back to their munching. Brazen little twits!

When I finally made it in here to my desk and glanced at my calendar, I realized I was even later than I thought, for it's not even Monday. It's Tuesday! Oops.

The picture above was taken in my favorite stall at Wimberley Market Days, a couple of months back. Having worked in merchandising for so long, I just can't resist an artfully arranged grouping of seemingly disparate items, and often feel compelled to snap a photo of it. Usually it is color that ties the pieces together. The merchants hereabouts are beginning to look at me kinda funny.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

that is a lovely little arrangement...nice blog, I'll be back!

Linda Hoye said...

I love this arrangement - the colors and just they way things are set out. It's kind of soothing, isn't it? Or maybe I'm just weird.

Hill Country Hippie said...

So glad you stopped by Cheryl - and even more glad that I stopped by your blog. Now I know exactly where to go for all my Cantina Garden questions!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Linda, I agree! Most of all, I love it because it's all useful stuff - stuff that reminds me of simpler times. I have never liked collecting the kinds of antiques that just sit around gathering dust, and that's why this is my favorite booth at the market - it's full of stuff I might actually USE on a regular basis!