Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ON OUR WAY TO BECOMING AN ART YARD!




It's a good bit shorter than planned, but it's up! The stakes on the bottom just aren't long enough, and the soil in most of the beds is so loose that, as soon as I started adding bottles to it, the tree tried to tip over. We finally moved it to the bed with the driest, toughest soil, buried it halfway up it's trunk, and still had to prop it with chunks of stone. What will happen when the first wind storm blows through here? Who knows? So for now, I'm just going to enjoy this tiny thing for all it's worth.

Did you notice how Wisdom Woman's magenta bottles just happen to pick up the color on the joints of those yucca bloom stalks? That was enough to keep me giddy all week!

6 comments:

susanalbert said...

Inspiring! I'm going to have to start collecting some bottles!

musingegret said...

And the greeny-gold bottles pick up the bronzy body-of-the-stalks! Lovely!!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks ladies - so glad you appreciate fine art! Now keep your fingers crossed that it stays upright. I'm really going to be sad if those hot pink bottles break. They're not easy to come by!

Anonymous said...

Maybe set it in concrete? I did that with my mom's hanging planter.

Anonymous said...

Maybe set it in concrete? I did that with my mom's hanging planter.

Anonymous said...

Steff had the same problem. A high wind knocked hers over. So it looks like concrete is the answer. By the way, they came from a catalog called Collections,Etc.
Big Sis