Sunday, March 28, 2010

WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE?






Here's a toughie: What do you do with family photos that no one wants? We were sorting through the last of my parent's belongings this weekend, and went through most of the stuff with lightning speed. Left side of the garage? Going to auction. Right side? Charity. The pile in and around that chair? Home with Becky,who swore she wasn't bringing a single thing back to Wimberley! But then there were boxes and boxes of photos and memorabilia and history, most of which were duplicates of stuff each of us already has. Nobody wants it, or needs it, but it seems such a sin to just toss it. I used to wonder, when I found stuff like this at flea markets and antique stores, what kind of people just throw out family photos? Now I know.

P.S. I threw in that picture of my brother just for fun. You'd never know it from looking at this one, but he's actually quite brilliant! (and looks a whole lot like our friend Dr. Marc)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ended up giving alot of my grandmother's photos and ephemera to friends who do mixed media art. It made me feel happy to think they would be loved!

Unknown said...

I have often wondered about old photographs of people I don't know. It's kind of sad that they end up somewhere and in some time when no one knows who they are, isn't it?