Wednesday, March 31, 2010

KEEPIN' ME IN LINE

I could see my new neighbor across the creek out working in her garden yesterday, as I was out working in mine. Made me feel kinda guilty, for not making much effort to get to know her better. Eventually I got cleaned up and went into town for a bite. The weather has been so wonderful lately, that terrace at Inoz' had been pulling me like a magnet all the live-long day (me and everybody else in town, as it turned out).

As I drove past my neighbor's place coming back home, I noticed that she was still outside. Suddenly I could feel a miniature version of my husband standing on my shoulder, shaking his finger at me and saying "Shame on you Becky Lane!" I wheeled the car around with a groan and went back. As a result, I got to spend an absolutely lovely hour visiting with her, seeing some of her amazing fused and mosaic glass creations, and chatting about our gardens.

So, thank you Hon. Glad I listened to you. (He's back on my shoulder now, hands on hips, saying "For Once!")

No comments: