Thursday, February 11, 2010

A HONEY-DO LIST


Poor John! I was sitting here this morning, making a mental to-do list for him, and it was getting pretty long. Problem is, until he's retired and living here full-time, I hate asking him to help me with any of this. His visits here go by so quickly, and then he goes back to the drudgery of Houston, to support me in the manner to which I have become accustomed. How can I ask him to spend what precious little time he has here, doing chores for me?

Wait, here's an idea! Maybe I could make one of my special visual to-do lists for him, and just post it out here in the blogosphere. That way, whenever he's bored and looking for something to do, he can refer to it, but I won't have to say a word. That way, no one can accuse me of nagging! Brilliant, no?

(click image to enlarge)

6 comments:

Teri H said...

If you are "getting rid" of the pallets I can take them off your hands... errr.. John's hands... =)

Hill Country Hippie said...

He says he wants to break them up to use as firewood in our pit, which is why we haven't disposed of them already. They're really heavy though, and it would not be easy to get them out of the truck by myself!

The Curious Holts said...

THAT IS THE BEST IDEA EVER!!! Could I post a link to this on my blog? I just LOVE this post. you are sooo clever!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Sure CH - I'd love it if you did!

Anonymous said...

My husband would ask me why I spent all that time on the list instead of doing the work myself. But then after the snark he would do it anyway because he's good like that. And I would make him a banana pudding as a thank you.

Hill Country Hippie said...

The comment sounds just like something John would say, but not the 'nana pudding. Definitely not one of his favorites. Maybe I could make him an apple pie.