Wednesday, December 9, 2009

CONSTRUCTION WRAP-UP






Looks like the stone-masons, electricians, concrete guys, stucco-ers, welders and carpenters have all completed their various contributions towards the construction of our Mexican-Hacienda-Courtyard-Kitchen-Cantina-Garden. Guess that means the ball is back in my court, huh?

I suppose I need to come up with a plan, or something...and I promise to jump right on that - just as soon as I manage to clean up all the freeze damage in other parts of our yard, wind up all my unfinished Christmas preparations, figure out what to do about a couple of January birthdays (one of which is a BIGGIE, on New Year's Day!), take care of some overdue Bountiful Sprout business, and do some prep-work for that blogging panel I agreed to co-host in early February. In other words, don't hold your breath!

P.S. One of the workmen put those two itty-bitty pots on either side of the entry, just because they happened to be nearby. Hopefully, we can come up with something a little more interesting, and a little more to scale, later on.

3 comments:

deb said...

Plants. Schmantz... It still looks beautiful. I LOVE your big pots. I admired it all when I checked on your pipes. Good job!

musingegret said...

I agree with deb, it's absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful collaboration between your vision and your architect friend's ability to draw/blueprint/provide the nuts-n-bolts. A question: Is the critter fencing already affixed? Hard to tell in the photos; if so, it is beautifully invisible. Here's a site I recently found that has a very helpful list for plantings by month:

http://www.austinurbangardens.com/

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks girls. It certainly is an improvement over the piles of rubble we've been putting up with for 5 yrs. now - even without plants!

ME: No, my archi-friend seems to think we don't need it (probably doesn't want to spoil the beauty of his fence!). We'll try it without, see how it goes. If we change our minds, it's an easy enough thing for John and I to add on our own later.