Tuesday, November 17, 2009

NEWS ALERT! This Just In...



Remember this sad little story about the abandoned antique shop across the highway from us? Well, they have been working on it nonstop ever since, and it has been quite a transformation. Just when I was about to pop a vein over lack of information, rumors began to swirl about town. Could it be? Wouldn't that just be too good to be true?

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you probably know my weakness - the one kind of food that I probably shouldn't be living right across the street from. That's right, brothers and sisters! Looks like I will soon be able to step out my door for Tex-Mex any time I choose. In the words of that famous film star Scooby-doo: "Ruh-roh!"

P.S. Know what's really funny? The building was actually stucco to start with, then the antiques people spent a fortune covering it up with clapboard to make it look old-timey western. So, what did the new owners do with all that clapboard? You guessed it - they covered it up with stucco!

4 comments:

Teri H said...

Oh. Yum. That would be my weakness too! Let us know how it is!

Hill Country Hippie said...

Okie Dokie!

Unknown said...

I'll know where to look for the opening date. Keep us posted!

Hill Country Hippie said...

You bet!